The New & Improved Dasek Family

The New & Improved Dasek Family
Clive Nicholas Dasek (2 days old)

The Dynamic Duo

The Dynamic Duo
Daddy Longlegs and Sassy Sunshine sketched by Stewball

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I can see the light!

If you've ever wondered if the old saying is true, take it from me absence does make the heart grow fonder.
In 16, possibly 14 days Daddy Long Legs and I will summit Katahdin and complete this long, challenging, sometimes painful adventure we embarked on (by the time it’s all said and done) five months ago. As for me the time couldn’t arrive soon enough. As DLL hikes down the miles I feel more and more anxious and emotional. It doesn’t take much for me to get choked up and when alone break into tears if I see or hear anything that reminds me of him/us. While all of this is going on inside of me it somehow doesn’t over shadow how proud I am of my husband. Though a huge part of me wants to be home in Seattle with him living our lives an even larger part of me is so excited for him to complete this dream of his. To be with him the entire way, maybe not physically, but in support and spirit has been amazing. I would never trade it for anything. Don’t get me wrong this hasn’t been a walk in the park (no pun intended) and I miss my best friend more than I ever thought it possible, but the closeness I have felt with him in this time apart is irreplaceable. God has blessed me in ways I never imagined.

3 comments:

  1. the end of the tunnel is getting bigger every day, Rach! we're looking forward to being able to hang out w/you two when you park it in WI in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to hear that you guys really cherish each other....praying for that super reunion celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all of your support! The end is so near now that it seems almost unreal. We appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers through this adventure.
    Blessings,
    Sassy

    ReplyDelete