The New & Improved Dasek Family

The New & Improved Dasek Family
Clive Nicholas Dasek (2 days old)

The Dynamic Duo

The Dynamic Duo
Daddy Longlegs and Sassy Sunshine sketched by Stewball

Friday, July 24, 2009

Road Trip and a Fanatastic Reunion


Sassy left the trail on June 17th and we didn't expect to see each other until early September when I summit Katahdin. 6pm this past Monday, I call Sassy in MI and let her know that Wheeler, Bonesey, Rocket and I are renting a car and driving up to Manchester, VT for a hiker party. I of course tell her how much I love her and miss her, and then I ask her if she would like to drive the 16 hours to see me and hang out for a few days. Sassy considers my request and is then on the road not more than 12 hours later thanks to Sassy's parents, Joe and Marmy. I have such a great wife!

Oops... Wheeler just called and it looks like everyone is ready to get back on the trail after six days off.

Sassy will try and update the blog soon, otherwise, I'll keep all of you on the up and up the next time I'm at a library. Please check out updated pictures at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22604179@N06/sets/72157616379368219/show/with/3752674386

2 comments:

  1. I just randomly came across your blog today and wanted to say hi. I'm "Thimble" and my husband "TimeBomb/The Saint" and I started thru-hiking the AT on April 19th. I made it about 700 miles before getting off the trail due to illness. My hubbie is continuing on alone, for the two of us--we are hoping that I can join him again for some part of the trail in Maine. And anyway, I just really appreciated finding your blog and realizing we aren't the only couple whose hike ended up this way. Good luck to you both!
    Here's our blog: www.pslongo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the two of you together!!!

    ReplyDelete