The New & Improved Dasek Family

The New & Improved Dasek Family
Clive Nicholas Dasek (2 days old)

The Dynamic Duo

The Dynamic Duo
Daddy Longlegs and Sassy Sunshine sketched by Stewball

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Dasek Adventure!




It's official; we are hiking the Appalachian Trail!

Nick has wanted to do this hike since he was 15 and considering our current situation (Rachel was laid off in December, the state of the economy, no mortgage or kids...) the timing couldn't seem better. Our departure date is March 30th and we are giving ourselves 6 months to accomplish the 2176.2 mile trail. Your prayers & comments are welcome & appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nick and Rachel,
    My name is Cindy, and I'm Erin Stephens Mom. She told me about your grand adventure. How exciting!! Are you starting at Springer Mtn? I'll stay tuned to your blog,and you'll both be in my prayers. What kind of stove did you end up buying for the trip?....Best Wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy! It's so great to hear from you! Erin told us that we might be hearing from you. We ended up getting a snow peak stove; it's tiny, but works great. We just did a 2.5 day shake down in the Hoh Rain Forest to test all of our gear. It was wet the entire time and we woke up with snow this morning. It was definitely a good test for us. Please do keep up w/us on our blog & thank you for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say Hi to Virginia. You will be about a hour away from my hometown Lychburg. I pray for safety and growth. I am looking forward to hear about this trip. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will certainly have my prayers. I'll be peeking in on your blog VERY often looking for details of your adventure! I love you both so much. Take care of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel and Nick,
    We are excited about following your trip!
    Love, Dennis and Debby Shrontz

    ReplyDelete
  6. rach & nick good to here from you sounds like your doing fine im trying to get to the flicker account si i can see the pics i'll figure it out be carefull we love you mom & joe

    ReplyDelete